- 2016 - New single and live album!
Is it really 9 months since the last news item?! That's the problem with normal websites in the age of Facebook...
Anyway, we've got some news! We'll have a brand new vinyl single out on State Records round about the end of March, beginning of April - hopefully coinciding with a substantial set of dates in France that will run from 31st March to around the 10th April. It'll be a double A side of "Nowhere People" / "Cruel bird". It will be available on black and purple vinyl - buy both versions and see which colour of vinyl sounds better!
We're also planning on having an "almost live" album of some of our old faves available around the same time - to be sold only at gigs and from this website. It will be CD only.
In the meantime we're also continuing collecting tracks for the next 'proper' album. No title yet and it's only half written, but we promise it will be a corker! Who knows, we might even have it out for the end of the year... no promises though!
- "..manage to both exhibit their influences... and innovate on ...those influences..."
- False Memory Lane is the work of a band enjoying the freedom & time that not being a household name confers on them. They deserve as much success as the next guy sure but they're not losing sleep over the fact that it's not yet caught up with them. [Read More...]
- "The new line-up is now really hitting its stride.."
- The new line-up is now really hitting its stride and switching Mole from bass to drums was a stroke of genius as he is worth the entrance price alone with his flamboyant drumming style, which draws murmurs of appreciation from people around me. [Read More...]
- Hooky guitar lines...superb organ playing...equally inventive vocal melodies and harmonies.
- It's easy to see why Allan Crockford's previous band The Prisoners were such an influence on The Charlatans and The Stone Roses. Fans of those bands frustrated at the lack of new material should do themselves a favour and get behind a band that actually release records. [Read More...]
- "a Who-inflected rush of mod energy and a hint of Robyn Hitchcock at his Soft Boys-peak"
- "brimming with an infectious vocal over a strident 80s power-pop sheen coupled with an infectious melody that wonâ€™t leave your head for hours afterwards." [Read More...]
- a riot of explosive drumming, stacked harmonies and fuzz guitar/organ interplay
- ...wouldn't shame 'Black Sea' era XTC... [Read More...]
- New vinyl 45 available now!
Our new vinyl single "One lie at a time" / "The God of Gaps" is available now! If you get it from our Store you'll also get a free 3 tracks CD containing those 2 tracks plus a bonus track not available from anywhere else! You'll only get this freebie if you order from us, or from State Records!